Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Wanna-Be Broadway Star in Retrospect

The Studieprøve exam is just a couple of months away, and almost every day in class is spent either doing practice tests, or going over some of the more complicated grammar rules, or trying to learn a few more new words.

Maybe it's because I've spent so much of the last year and a half looking forward towards this exam or that exam, that I have become a little bit nostalgic lately.

I've been expressing this nostalgia by uploading some of my old videos from back in the days when I wanted to be a Broadway star.  Think Rachel Berry from Glee, but without the acting chops.

So, for those of you who love high school musical theater, or for those of you who want to see what a horrible actress I was back in the late 90s, here are a couple of samples.

We'll start with a scene from our 1998 production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (I'm the girl in red):




And the end of Act I from the same show:




And finally, my one scene from our 1999 production of The Wiz, in which I donned a puffy pink dress and tested out being a blonde for the first time:




I've posted the full productions of both shows on my YouTube channel, as well as the video from the 2001 musical showcase from my graduating class at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy, if you want to check them out.  I'm hoping eventually to upload a few more, but it takes some time to scrounge up the old VHS tapes and transfer them to DVD in order to upload.

So, that's that for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment