Monday, July 30, 2012

Drop In, Tune Out


We had a few friends drop in for a small gathering over the weekend.  Some Danish friends and some non-Danish ones. One of the non-Danes and I were discussing the tendency to start to tune out the Danish being spoken around you when you don't understand it.  

The tricky thing will be training my ears to tune back in once I do understand it.


With Danish classes likely starting up in just over a month, it seems appropriate that the British economic magazine The Economist happened to come out with this little pronunciation guide just this month:

A very rough guide to Danish

The best part, though, is the little video that is included in the article, also found here.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and first of all: WELCOME to København! I really hope you'll like it here :)
    And also, is it possible to follow your blog on Bloglovin'?

    /Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just looked into it, and it looks like you can enter the URL for this blog into their search field, and it will pop right up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, thank you so much. Already looking forward to your next blogpost!

    ReplyDelete