Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Pod 2.0, and Other News

I'll be totally up front with you here...  Until today, it'd been over a week since I fired up the Rosetta Stone.  But I have a good reason, I swear!  Or, I have a reason at least.

Monday of last week was my last day as a traffic reporter, and I've been working on getting my bearings in a brave new world that doesn't involve the constant grogginess of split shifts.

Okay, to be honest, I was giving myself a bit of a vacation.

For years, I just figured I was kind of a sleepy person.  Turns out it was the working and sleeping in shifts that never let me out of that early-morning haze that most people only have... in the morning.

So, back to the grind.  I spent Sunday of this week re-building The Pod.

The Pod is my little home-made recording studio.  It used to be a free-standing thing in my kitchen made of PVC pipes and moving blankets.  It looked like this:


And inside, was this:


The PVC pipes are long gone now, but the moving blankets now blanket the walls of a closet in our apartment.  I call it The Pod 2.0

I've got a career plan, and it involves talking to myself in a padded room.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I did work on the Rosetta Stone today.  Still on colors.  I had lunch with a friend yesterday, and he asked me what I could say in Danish.  And the truth is... not much.  I can recognize plenty of words and phrases, but I just don't trust myself to speak the language yet.

I'll let the Danes teach me pronunciation once we get to Copenhagen.

P.S. - If you haven't already, and would like to follow this blog on Facebook, click here and then click "like."

No comments:

Post a Comment