Sunday, August 12, 2012

This Pub is My Pub

This week was all about painting.  I wanted to make sure to paint the dining room before my husband came to his senses about letting me go with red.

The guy at the paint store did his very best to subtly convince me to reconsider by suggesting that I take the paint chips home and thinking about it.  Then he tried to convince me to take a few small paint samples home to try out on the walls.  Then, when he was calculating the amount of paint I would need, he said, "You're painting the red on all of the walls?"  In fact, I had to go back the next day for a few more supplies before I started painting, and he was still skeptical.  "So... the color is... okay...?" he asked.

I'd say the color is just fine:


My husband is putting on a brave face, and has decided that the color reminds him of an English pub.  And as he is an Englishman, I think that's probably a good thing.

Though, he would probably repaint the walls white if he could.

In other news, I start Danish classes at Studieskolen, so I will likely have an update on how that went some time soon.

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog while looking for blogs about being an American living in Copenhagen. Came to the right place I guess :) I just moved to Copenhagen from America on July 2nd with my Danish husband and our little boy.

    It's exciting for me to read stories about someone who's experiencing the same culture shock/excitement of discovering a new place. Makes me feel less alone in the midst of the craziness of moving and adjusting. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me too! We got here on July 1st, actually. :) It's a big adjustment, but there are lots of expats around, so you're not alone!

      Delete