Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bridezilla Averted

"I'm going to let you do all of the talking."

That's what I said to my fiance in the car on the way to the hotel this afternoon for our meeting with the wedding coordinator.

I'm not uncomfortable with talking.  I do it for a living.  But since this situation presented itself, I didn't entirely trust myself to keep my cool.

I admit, I may have swung really far in the opposite direction of bridezilladom.  I made a point to be as friendly and self-depricating as possible, and let my fiance do the talking when it came to the issue regarding the name of the hotel.  In the end, they will be sending us an insert to include with the invitations explaining the name change.

And as it turns out, I can't really fault them for not telling us about it earlier.  It seems they didn't actually know about the change themselves until last week, and those that did know were not allowed to say anything.  Legal reasons, and all that.

Fair enough.

And in fact, it looks like our wedding may be the first wedding held in the "new hotel."  I don't mind that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment