Monday, February 20, 2012

Pardon My Rant - Bridezilla Edition

I swear, I'm not that girl.  I'm not that girl who has been planning her wedding since she was 5.  That girl who will yell and scream and cry until every detail is to her exact specifications.

That girl, she's not me.

But there are some days when I don't entirely blame that girl for some of her "bridezilla" tendencies.  SOME.  Not most.

I've had some of those days recently.

The venue we chose for our reception is a local hotel.  Standard stuff.  One is pretty much like another.  We picked this specific hotel mostly because the wedding coordinator there was this lovely girl who just seemed so excited to work with us.  She was full of ideas, and always prompt with responses to questions.  She made us feel really confident that everything would be fantastic.

A couple of months after booking the venue, putting down deposits, all of that... we get a call from her.  She apologetically tells us that she's leaving, and had handed our wedding over to some guy we'd never dealt with before.  It was sad, but these things happen.  Unfortunately... this guy is not nearly as helpful.  Not only is he slow to respond to emails, he also lost our room contract that ensured that we had a block of rooms set aside for our guests.  We got all of that sorted out eventually, but it was certainly frustrating.

Now, keep in mind, we still haven't actually met this guy in person yet.  We have a meeting set up with him for tomorrow, which we made a week or two ago.  And here's where I get cranky...

This past Friday, we get word from someone at the hotel who we'd never heard of that the hotel is changing its name.  No one, including our wedding coordinator, bothered to mention to us that this might happen.  Not once.  Not in any of the emails he's sent, including the emails setting up tomorrow's meeting.  And now, with invitations all printed up with the old name, ready to be mailed THIS WEEK...

I'm sure our wedding coordinator is a lovely guy.  But someone dropped the ball, and based on how he's handled things so far, I can't help but assume that it was him.

I'm gonna try to hold my tongue as much as possible tomorrow...

But it's entirely possible he's gonna put me on the bridezilla list after we're gone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruby,

    I just joined the expat-blog.com and came across your blog and I decided to check it out. I'm a Malaysian girl but my heart's in Copenhagen, Denmark as my boyfriend is there. Yes, he's a Dane. I'm now actively seeking for a job in Denmark. Anyway, your blog has inspired me even more. Also Congratulations on your engagement and soon to be wedding. =) I hope it all goes well.

    Btw, you can checkout my humble blog at www.valatkinson.blogspot.com


    XoXo, ValAtkinson

    ReplyDelete