Friday, December 30, 2011

2011, You Outdid Yourself

As 2011 comes to a close, and we're all inundated with articles and montages and sound clips of everything that's happened throughout the year...

Why not read one more? I mean, really, what's one more.

My fiance and I spent last New Years Eve sitting on the couch at home trying to decide if it was worth it to walk to the douchy hipster bar across the street... or to not bother.  I'm not anti-hipsters... but this place brings out the hipsters that everyone hates.  As you might guess, we stayed home and had dinner and drinks on the couch.

A nice, relaxing start to what would be a whirlwind of a year.

After a few really tough years here in Boston, this past year was magical.  Riddled with stress, but still really damn magical.

In April, I got on a plane for the first time in 10 years for our 2-week trip to England and Denmark.  It was an amazing trip, with perfect weather and wonderful people.  Just days after returning, my fiance popped the question.  Just days after that, some of my closest friends flew into town for my 30th birthday.  What more could a girl want?

The rest of the year has been almost all about wedding planning, with some attempts at learning Danish stuffed into the cracks.

These last couple of months, with all of the stress that went along with the layoffs at my company, and the extra workload that entailed... Well, it's been trying.  It's tested my patience, and my patience hasn't always passed that test.

But in the end, I'm a lucky girl.  This coming year is going to be a wild one.  With the wedding in May, followed by the Big Move some time this Summer... Expect to see plenty more posts here.

As for New Years Eve this year?  We'll be spending it at home with dinner and drinks.  On the couch.

Happy New Year.  And many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment