Monday, January 2, 2012

Danish Lessons - Rosetta Stone, Entry #2

I'm trying to do one exercise with the Rosetta Stone every day.  I've just finished exercise 3 (of 5) in lesson 2 (of... I'm not sure how many).

Lesson 2 is all about verbs, so I've been learning all about how to talk about men, women, children, fish, birds, bulls, and airplanes doing various things.  Running, jumping, swimming, reading, flying, falling...

I'm not going to lie, the repetition gets a bit tedious.  Each exercise in a lesson has all the same pictures and phrases as the previous exercise, but learned in a different way.  Whether it be learning to read the text, or recognize it aurally, it's all the same stuff.  I'm not going to complain about it, though.  Tedious as it is, it does help to solidify the information in my mind.  Unfortunately, a side effect is that my eyes start to blur a bit by the end.

And when I'm done, I'm usually ready to take a nap.  Just one exercise, and I'm mentally exhausted.

I'm glad to be learning it this way for now, though, so that this mental exhaustion doesn't get the better of me when I'm sitting in Danish classes in Copenhagen.

No comments:

Post a Comment