Sunday, January 8, 2012

Danish Lessons - Rosetta Stone, Entry #3

Learning colors is hard work.

And the bizarre thing about it is that while I'm going through these lessons, I'm thinking to myself, "This is far too simple.  I can't possibly be learning anything."  Yet, at the end of each lesson, I have more vocabulary floating around in my head that wasn't there before.

And it must not be as simple as the program makes it seem, because I still find myself ready for a nap when I'm done.

I'm sure that eventually I will find that version 2 of Rosetta Stone's lack of explanation of grammatical rules frustrating, but for now I'm just glad to have the vocabulary.  Every once in a while my fiance will come in while I'm working on a lesson, and he'll try to explain slight grammatical differences in the phrases I'm learning.  Most of the time, I have a hard time processing it, because my brain is in vocabulary mode, and not grammar mode.

This constantly gets me re-thinking this post.  Some days I agree with myself, and other days I'm not so sure.  But for now I'm grateful to have a few more Danish words floating around in my head.

My fiance has suggested that I give the formal informal Danish classes another try... the classes that I attempted this past fall...

I'm not sure that I'm ready to jump back into that.  I think actual formal Danish classes in Denmark will be much less of an emotional roller coaster, especially if I manage to make it through Rosetta Stone by the time we get to Copenhagen.

No comments:

Post a Comment