Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Klutsy Post

Despite mentioning my klutziness in the blurb above, and the ThisGirlSaysOw monicker here and on Twitter, I haven't really discussed my klutziness much.

Perhaps because I've been living in a lovely lull during which I haven't fallen down or otherwise injured myself all that much lately.

Until yesterday.

On our way out the door to get some lunch I realized the rain had gotten heavier, so I ran back upstairs to the apartment for an umbrella.  I made it almost all the way down the stairs, but I think I thought there were fewer of them than usual, and ended up taking a big ol' spill and twisting my ankle pretty hard.

I sat there at the bottom of the stairs for a while trying to decide what to do, trying not to cry.

Did I mention that my first wedding dress fitting was scheduled for yesterday afternoon?  Had to go to that, whether I could walk or not.

I slipped and fell once in college and injured my foot. I called my doctor back home to see if it was worth going to the hospital, and the advice he gave me continues to make me paranoid about foot injuries.  He told me that there are so many small, fragile bones in the foot that it's not all that hard to break or fracture them.  And he advised me that yes, I should go to the hospital.

With that memory right at the front of my mind, I did finally decide to head off to the hospital this morning.  Poking and prodding and x-rays later, it looks like it's just a sprain.  Crutches and an "air cast" for me for a little while.  Nothing major, but crutches are far more precarious than feet, so... I'm probably gonna spend a lot of time sitting.

The silly thing is, by the time I was done with my crying jag at the bottom of the stairs yesterday, the rain had let up and I didn't really need the umbrella anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment