Saturday, June 9, 2012

Copenhagen Or Bust!

We thought we would be in America until July or August.

We thought we'd have time for long, drawn out goodbyes and leisurely packing.

Boy, were we wrong.

We've just bought our 1-way plane tickets.  We leave American on June 30th, arriving in Denmark bright and early on the morning of July 1st.

This is it, folks.  After 8 months of posts about waiting to move to Denmark, I'll finally be able to post about being there in person!

It's a crazy week and a half ahead of me, though.  We leave for our honeymoon in New Orleans on the 19th of June, and before that my husband will be in Denmark for a week starting up work there.  That means I've got a week to sort through everything that needs selling or donating, throwing out tons and tons of whatever can't be sold or donated...

And then there's the paperwork.  We just got our marriage certificates a few days ago, so only now can I go get my name legally changed on things like my passport.  Luckily, it turns out that if you are going out of the country within 14 days, you can go directly to a US Passport Agency office, and they can issue you an updated passport the same day.  Thank goodness for that!!

Busy busy.  But VERY excited!

1 comment: