Monday, June 4, 2012

Who Designed YOUR Cheese Board?

Vows and rings have been exchanged, glasses have been clinked, dancing has been done until we could barely walk.

And this means: I'm officially a married lady!

Our time in America is winding down, and there's still so much to do before the move.

While we wait for the marriage certificates attesting to my plans to take my husband's (!) last name, we're in a bit of a lull.  And since we still don't know when our move date is (it could be a month from now, it could be two months... either way, it's soon), it's tough to know what the next step is.

Looking around our bedroom right now, I find myself looking forward to selling off half (or more) of our stuff.  That bulky dresser that I bought on Craigslist, that tiny television that isn't hooked into anything, those many, many chairs...

Oh, wait... Can't sell the chairs.  They're Arne Jacobsen replications.  Moving to Denmark without them would be a sin!

Truthfully, I don't mind them, but I sill find it amazing how into furniture everyone in Denmark is.  The fact that I know the chair designer, as well as the designer of the cheese board and knife set that I got my husband (!) for Christmas (Georg Jensen, for those keeping score) is still really funny to me.

I expect I'll look back after a few years of living in Copenhagen and wonder why I hadn't been addicted to furniture design all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment