Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Hunt for Expats

It was suggested by my fiance that I may want to try to make contact with the expat community in Denmark, both now and after we move to Copenhagen.

He's so reasonable, that fiance of mine.

So, that's what I've done.  I've run around the intertubes hunting for expat forums.  I've really only found one that seems all that active, but I'm looking forward to chatting with other expats about their experiences with moving abroad.

So far it seems that all of the expats I've had interactions with have been very kind and helpful, which is definitely reassuring.  While my instinct while I'm still in America is to say that I should spend all of my time with Danes so that I can immerse myself in the language and the culture to learn it more quickly...

I know I'll feel homesick soon enough and need an American or two to talk True Blood and bitch about Taylor Swift with.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We have "unofficial" expat communities here. Many of us who meet each other thru blogs, so don't worry about it. You'll be just fine.

    There's also this LINK, for American women in Denmark, not sure about the details. But there should be some more explanations on the net.

    ReplyDelete