Thursday, October 20, 2011

Informal Formal Danish Class #4 - Fake It 'Til You Make It

Pretend this first paragraph is an expletive-filled rant about the frustrations of having our cable go out for 5 days, thus preventing timely blog posts.

There, now that we have that our of our systems...

I will start by saying that I was a bit distracted from my usual cramming study session for my weekly Danish class last night, as I was awaiting the triumphant return of my fiance from the wilds of Nebraska.

I will claim that as my excuse for being completely lost in this weeks class.  We worked learning words and phrases needed to discuss the weather and family...

But I'll be honest...

I had no idea what I was talking about.  I was guessing left and right, or just plain telling the teacher that I didn't know.  I'm seriously heartened to know that this class is moving at breakneck speed and that Danish classes given in Denmark itself go MUCH more slowly.

Because last night?  I was seriously faking it.

And not at all making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment