Friday, October 28, 2011

Madness. Utter Madness.

Do you know what I haven't done in a while?

Worked on my Danish.

I knew that November would be a crazy month.  With a flight out for my best friend's 30th birthday as well as bridesmaid dress shopping, and then my fiance's father flying in from England for a week, followed by our anniversary, and then Thanksgiving and my father's birthday... 

I was working on mentally preparing for all of that madness.

I didn't anticipate the madness leading up to November. 

Of couse, with all of the changes at my office, we're all taking on extra work to make sure everything gets done.  Combined with the emotional toll that losing so many great coworkers took, it's been a taxing week.

Add to that the fact that they're predicting a big snow storm this weekend?  Can't we wait until Winter for Winter to come?

For the first time in years, it looks like I'll be taking a pass on Halloween festivities.

I think need another night of drinking brandy and listening to Brandi Carlile.  Stat.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog - I've been reading it this morning, after finding it through the expat-blog page. I'm also moving to Denmark with my wife in the next month and you've addressed some of the things that are worrying me as well. (eg. Although, I don't mind picked herring, my wife absolutely hates it and I'm sure we'll be scrounging for food as well.)

    In any case, I hope things go well with your move and learning Danish. I'll be reading your blog and trying to follow your example!

    And yes, I had to send off my inch thick stack of paper this week too... Isn't immigration wonderful?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an adventure, if nothing else!

    Where are you moving from?

    ReplyDelete