Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Informal Formal Danish Class vs. Sanity

Something had to give.

Either the Danish classes, my job, or the wedding.  Something had to give.

For the sake of my sanity.

And since the latter two are not actually on the table, I regret to say that it looks like I'll have to stop going to Danish classes for now.

Plan B... or... is it C?  I've asked for Rosetta Stone for Christmas.

Hopefully that'll allow me to get through the holidays without completely losing my mind, and then I can start again in earnest in January.

Now, here's the deal with the Rosetta Stone for learning Danish...  Since there isn't really much of a market for folks who aren't Danish to learn the language, the folks at Rosetta Stone never updated beyond version 2 (more widely learned languages go up to version 4).  So, the technology isn't as good, but it's still pretty good.  They've also only made the most basic level of Danish in version 2 for Danish.  Luckily, that's the level I'm at, so it's not an issue.

And if I can become decent at beginning level Danish by the time I get there, I'll feel more confident in the state-provided Danish classes I'll be taking there.

I'm trying not to think of myself as a quitter right now.

It's not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment