Saturday, November 19, 2011

We're Seriously Smart When We're Drunk

My fiance and I are always having really intellectual conversations about the Danish language and language learning in general...

...While drinking...

Which is to say that we think we have really intellectual conversations on the topic.

Last night is a prime example.  I remember sitting there thinking "This is a great conversation!  I'll have to blog about this in the morning!"

And upon waking I found myself asking him... "What was that conversation we were having last night?"

Neither of us can remember.

Highlights that we have remembered so far:
- The frustration with the lack of versions 3 and 4 for Danish from Rosetta Stone, as they apparently tell you if you're pronouncing the words correctly.
- The tendency to start translating everything you say into the language you're learning in your head.
- Where the stresses/accents are put on words in Danish, compared to English and Spanish.

It was all fascinating.

You'll have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment