Monday, September 5, 2011

Mom Says I Should Be a Writer

When I told my mother that I was considering going back to school for music when my fiance and I move to Denmark next year, she had the reasonable motherly response:  Make sure you have something to fall back on.  She's been giving me that advice since I was a little kid who dreamed of being a Broadway star.

She was right, of course.

This time, her advice included "I think you're also a really good writer.  Something to consider."  Now, my mother has always been the smart one, so I realized I'd be a fool not to consider it.  However, writing has never struck me as something I had enough skill with to make a living at it.  So...

I'm giving it away to you for free.

You're welcome?

1 comment:

  1. you are a good writer and your wit comes across. not so easy to do my dear. =)

    ReplyDelete