Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Wedding WILL Annoy You

A coworker and I used to laugh at people who were constantly talking about their weddings on their Facebook pages, or the local news anchor who did a segment showing off her wedding pictures, as though the whole city thought her nuptials were as big an event as she did.

I used to feel so very superior, thinking, "How ridiculous. All she talk about is her wedding. Doesn't she know that no one cares?"

Well, let me just apologize right now for complaining behind the backs of brides for so long. Why? Because I have become that bride.

Wedding planning has taken over my life and I find myself thinking and talking about it almost constantly, whether people want to hear about it or not. It helps to have other things, like Danish lessons, to focus on. But I'd say my brain is currently about 90% wedding, 5% Danish lessons, and 5% everything else.

I've found that there are two camps of people when it comes to wedding talk: Those who love weddings and want to talk about how the planning is going and give advice, and those whose eyes glaze over and may or may not ask me to stop talking. There seems to be almost no middle ground, either.

I'll try to keep my wedding-related posts to a minimum. "Try" being the operative word.

No comments:

Post a Comment